Got the blade guides and guards completed this weekend. It took longer than I thought to make the bearing guides but they turne out good. I put them in slots that prevent the nut from turning so I can tighten them from one side only.
The guards are very minimal. The reason being is if a blade breaks then it is just to stop it from flying out to the side and possibly hitting someone near by.
Got the switch on. It is removeable for packaging and transport. I managed to cut a small black locust log up also. It cut fantastic with no vibration. I got seven 8” wide boards that were 1 1/4” thick.
I also managed to make a crude Kant hook to move the logs around. It works well and is adjustable for larger or smaller logs.
Next thing to make will be the rail system and clamping for the saw and the logs.