After cutting about 13 logs I realized that my blade guides were the weak link in cutting straight boards as I kept getting blade drift when cutting through knots. So I decided to double the bearings to better support the blade. I also changed the...
|View geekwoodworker's:||home||workshop||projects (52)||blog (6)||reviews (0)||forum topics (0)||buddies (4)||favorites (35)||activity log|
210 posts in 179 days
Location: Barrie, Ont.
I have been a wood hobbyist since 1988. Spent a large amount of time building tools and tool stands for the shop. Seems I never have enough time to build everything I want to. I try to build most of my projects from scrap wood.
-- Sean G, Barrie, Ontario
Latest Activity | view all »
|commented on||Mail boxes||11-23-2014 12:06 PM|
|commented on||Walnut Queen Bed||11-23-2014 12:00 PM|
|commented on||Tool chest||11-23-2014 11:50 AM|
|commented on||Homemade bandsaw mill||11-23-2014 11:37 AM|
|added project||Dust collection setup||11-22-2014 10:09 PM|
|commented on||Tool chest||11-16-2014 12:50 AM|
|commented on||Cherry Timber Table||11-15-2014 10:27 AM|
|commented on||mason jar chandelier||11-15-2014 10:24 AM|
|commented on||Shop-Made Rugged Stubby Clamps||11-09-2014 12:10 PM|
|commented on||Homemade Band sawmill #6: Blade guide upgrade/modification||11-08-2014 10:53 AM|
|commented on||French Doors||11-08-2014 10:34 AM|
|commented on||My Daughter's Dresser||11-08-2014 10:24 AM|
|added blog entry||Homemade Band sawmill #6: Blade guide upgrade/modification||11-07-2014 09:19 PM|
|commented on||Assortment||11-06-2014 11:31 AM|
|commented on||Horizontal slot mortiser||11-04-2014 01:36 PM|
Latest Projects | view all 52 »
Latest Blog Entries | view all 6 »
The sawmill is done and working great. Adding the handle helped allot when pushing the saw through the log. The handle is removable by just pulling the handle up and removing the lag bolts holding the arms in. The handle is held on by through m...
The rails and log bed with log clamps are complete and after testing it by cutting another log I found some short comings with the clamps and my right blade guides. Here is the new blade guide for the right side and it works much be...
Got the blade guides and guards completed this weekend. It took longer than I thought to make the bearing guides but they turne out good. I put them in slots that prevent the nut from turning so I can tighten them from one side only. ...
I managed to get the gantry with height adjustment made this weekend. Made two L shaped legs and put 5” wheels on them. I used 1/4” lag bolts to hold the wheels on. To make the guides/clamps I made a box that the gantry can slide...