Well, I’ve made some progress. I finished both support trestles and cut them to height. I wanted to dovetail the stretchers in or maybe even mortise them, but at the rate i’m able to work with my current set up, that will literally add another year onto the project. So I decided to go the quicker route of using half inch eight in long machine bolts. I used an 1 1/4 frostner bit to drill out the pockets for the nuts in the oak stretches. Got the first one on today, with the dream of having the whole undercarriage done by July. That would mean i could at least use a functional benchtop for part of the summer, with the all important dog-holes and tail vise. I’ve been using the top of the bench as I’ve progressed, but this will be a huge step forward since there is no vice attached. Got side tracked for two time off days with the new shed my parents built and needed help with. Add to that a wheel barrow full of planes I acquired at tag sales and flea markets in the past month, and my docket is pretty full. I’d really love to have the whole thing completed and coated in linseed oil by the fall. Pics to follow.