Progress is definitely being made. I used my new Router Mortising Jig and cut the mortises on the legs and stretchers. The new jig worked far better than I had expected. Woohoo! The plans don’t tell you everything to expect so when I did the first dry fit of the legs and aprons I found that some of the tenons did not properly fit. The mortises were 7/8” deep and the tenons were ¾”. Naturally, if the mortises are in the center of a 1 ¼” leg then the tenons would not fit all the way. I had expected this. After trimming some of the tenons I finally had a pretty good dry fit.
I am staying pretty much with the plan dimensions as to the overall size. I have not yet decided on my personal effect for the aprons. I have not even cut the cloud effect in the aprons.
The stretchers have the cloud effect. I made a template for the stretchers and then used the router table to trim the stretchers to size.
This was a really productive weekend and I had a lot of fun.
The next steps are to determine a design for the aprons and the table top.
More to come…
-- Fred Childs, Pasadena, CA - - - Law of the Workshop: Any tool, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible corner.