I have really enjoyed looking at all the completed projects. They are truly awesome.
I installed the pegs last week. I used a shim to help prevent installing the pegs too deep. It worked well. I put tape around the peg mortises to help in the clean up of any glue squeeze out.
For the finish I used a combination tung oil and urethane mix. Three coats so far and with some 400-600 grit smoothing in between another 2-3 coats should do it. You can see some of the details of the pegs. They are about 1/8” proud.
I used walnut and cherry inlays in the aprons leaving them about 1/8” proud as well. They seem to pick up the cloud theme.
Next step is to finish the table top and perform the installation.
It looks like I will meet the deadline. This has truly been a handcrafted project. I learned so much and have improved my skills.
-- Fred Childs, Pasadena, CA - - - Law of the Workshop: Any tool, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible corner.