Providere, a Work In Process
Well I finished roughing out a shape of the last of four legs last night with the drawknife, and I thought I would post a picture of where the ‘in the process’ of Providere now stands.
1) Cherry backsplash, needs to enter into it’s hand sanding phase, starting with #120 grit….and ending with some slurpies….
2) Table top, needs to be worked some more on sides with a timber slick to get a better trueness….
3) End boards of pine, well not sure what to do here next….
4) Oak legs, will season some more and then start with chisel and gouges for more defined shape, before going on to the hand sanding process….
5) Joinery,still need to start carving the tree nails out of (oak?)....
6) Thinking of what joinery process to use for attaching legs to top….
7) Aprons, start working on next….
8) ....and then start filling in all those extra fine details….
....enjoy….and yes, as you can see I had to do the photo shoot outside. The weather is finally turning to spring and then, ‘they say’ we can expect into the 70’s here this weekend….
....and then I stepped around to the north side of the barn and looked to those beauti-full mountains from where my imagination can run free….
-- --frank, NH, http://rusticwoodart.tumblr.com/