After getting the switch installed in the top “drawer” area, I needed then to make two drawers below that, on the left hand side.
I had two drawers that were part of an old entertainment unit that we threw out. I kept some parts including two drawers as well as drawer slides. The drawers were too wide for my router table:
So, I taped the drawer slides into the cabinet and measured the width I would need for my drawers to fit:
Then I cut the drawer, allowing for the side to be put back on after knocking it off (it was nailed on):
The next step was to use nails and glue and remake the side. I sat it on the drawer slides to check the fit:
Now, the drawer was also too high for the cabinet, so I clamped the drawer front on to determine the height:
I cut the height down with my jigsaw:
Then I attached the drawer front as well as the slides (they are a bit long, but it doesn’t matter, they were free):
The second drawer was a similar process, putting the slides where the bottom drawer wouldn’t interfere with it:
Then cutting the drawer down and putting the front on:
In my case, the front of both drawers are not centered on the drawers, so I had to clamp them in place and make sure they lined up properly with the other components:
I also put a pine edging around the top of the cabinet. Here she is ready to go:
P.S. I use an old pill bottle, turned upside down over the bit, if it’s still in the table. This protects me and the bit.
-- ~Julie~ followyourheartwoodworking.blogspot.ca