My planer has a new home on top of it and it works like a dream. No problems in assembly, the rockler plans are easy to read and follow. It took me about 8 hours to get it all done, but that was mostly because my festool tracksaw setup was out of square and it took me awhile to figure out what was off. Once fence and track were again at 90 degrees, all cuts were dead on. I think I need to also replace the plastic splinter guard on the track but that’s for another time.
I put some handles on the drawers made out of a 1” dowel. I made it flat at one side on the bandsaw and attached with glue and screws. All joints are butt joints, glued and screwed as per instructions. 3” casters for mobility.
-- As if I needed another hobby!