Today I had some time in between activities and I decided to give my new router table a try. I got a 1/4” rounding over bit and decided to give the new poplar chickencoop windows some nice detail at the front. After doing that I sanded with 60 grit and gave them a first coat with Kilz. After we came back in the afternoon I sanded again with 120 grit and gave them a second coat. I had a couple of drips where the pockets are from the screws but because it is at the back i decided not to worry about it. I may sand again tomorrow and give them a third coat. I hope to get back to the coop itself in a week and a half.
Good news is that a neighbor at the new house told us that he had never seen a single tick in the 25 years that he had lived there, neither had he heard of anyone in the neighborhood getting sick with lyme’s. That’s extremely good news, as, perhaps you remember, my husband has lyme disease and we were a bit apprehensive about moving onto a mountain on a wooded lot. The reason, as I later found out is that ticks don’t like altitude (we are at 1700 feet). So, theoretically we wouldn’t need the chickens anymore, as our main reason was for them to eat the ticks, but since we have the coop, and I have invested time, money and tools I think we’ll go ahead with the plan anyway.
Sorry, no pics today. Will post more when I get the chance.
-- As if I needed another hobby!