From the blog title I guess you know what I’m doing today. All the hardware must go. I started with taking out the wood screws. There were, believe it or not, 195 of them. It looks better already.
I figured I would round the ends a little first. I’m tired of my shirt getting caught on them. They surely need it.
I just used a small hand saw. They don’t need to be perfect, that will come later.
And the other end.
Here is my pulling gear.
The small screwdriver I have ground the tip of. I shaped it similar to a chisel.
It’s not pretty, but I wrap it with tape so it will not mark up the cedar.
I ease it up to the staple and wiggle it under.
When I get in as far as the tape I push the handle down and this pops the staple up.
Then just grab it with the little pliers.
Many of the staples don’t go in all the way so I don’t need the screwdriver on them. It is very time consuming to me to grab each staple as I get it out so I just let them fall on the floor.
The short handle has two speaker magnets on it . They are wrapped with duct tape. I use this now and then to keep things cleaned up.
Staple pulling is kind of boring so no need for pictures of that.
Here I am all done. If you’ve been following this blog you know I used two boxes of staples. Here they are, they served their purpose and will go in the scrap metal bucket.
So, here she is. Looking better. (Dave, if you’re reading this, I finally got that ugly hardware out of your canoe)
Got to clean up this snow storm tomorrow so no update then. I hope to get at it on Thursday. See you then.
-- Jeff in central Me.