Not too much progress today.Yesterday I mistakenly said there were 18 strips on each side, it was actually only 16.
I put on three more rows today so there are now 19, honest. I am now mostly up on the flat top of the stations (actually the bottom of the canoe). The only problem here is gravity. The glue is in the cove of the strips, so if you take too long to get the next strip in place it will want to drip. So, when I squeeze the strip into place it forces the extra glue out like it did before, but, now the glue mostly runs out underneath the strips. I am trying to clean up the glue as I go so I have to reach under to do it. Therefore, the mirror comes into play. I use it to see the glue, and if the joint is good and tight under there.
I only put on three strips on each side so it was a fairly uneventful day. Everything went well. So here is what it looks like tonight.
It takes a lot more screws to hold the ends in place, but that stage will pass soon enough. The ends are getting harder to keep in place so I am putting one row on each side now. I was doing three per side at first. I hope to get out there tomorrow. If I do I will try to get in one last blog update before Christmas.
-- Jeff in central Me.