LumberJocks

Roubo Workbench

  • Advertise with us
Blog series by Dave updated 07-11-2014 07:13 PM 4 parts 5439 reads 4 comments total

Part 1: Roubo Workbench Chapter1

06-26-2014 06:40 PM by Dave | 0 comments »

Fellow LumberJocks I started chronicling my Roubo Workbench build in my blog – One Inch Caulk. Ill be posting a few entries starting with this one the details the 5 day class at Marc Adams School of Woodworking with guest instructor Christopher Schwarz where we build 16 Roubo benches from some fabulous ash. I hope you will take a look. Thanks, Dave

Read this entry »


Part 2: Gramercy Holdfasts from Marisa

06-30-2014 08:54 PM by Dave | 4 comments »

To compliment my new roubo workbench (in process) and to add to my hand tool fascination I ordered a set of 2 Gramercy holdfasts from Tools for Working Wood. The purchase was simple as with most online stores. The cost was $20 for 1 or $35 for 2 – so not being one to pass up a deal, I went with 2 for $35. Read the remainder here:: http://www.ewingcustomcreations.com/gramercy-holdfasts-from-marisa-100

Read this entry »


Part 3: Chapter 2 - Assembly, End Cap and Vise

07-01-2014 09:40 PM by Dave | 0 comments »

After class the bench parts were loaded into the truck and brought home. I have a double right angle entry to the basement steps. One of my classmates, Sean Baker of San Diego graciously volunteered to help get the heavy top into the basement. It was heavy, but surprisingly, not all that challenging; considering it was Friday at 5pm and we were wiped from the marathon week.assembly-1 Assembly Once all of the parts were in and organized we got right to the assembly. It really is a qu...

Read this entry »


Part 4: Ch3 - Crossed Up

07-11-2014 07:13 PM by Dave | 0 comments »

After the success tweaking the installation for the end vise I hoped the good karma would continue to the leg vise. Not so… It All Starts With A Small Bonk… I removed my chop from the clamps, removed the glue and jointed/planed to size. the final size was about a 2 3/8 thick – plenty. I determined the centerline of the chop and leg and clamped the chop directly to the leg. I transferred the hole locations to the chop. The it was off to the drill press. Simple. While at Marc Adam...

Read this entry »



DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com