We had several days of rain… plans were canceled. So, messing around in the saw dust room I found a stick (actually it found me by falling on my head while I was rummaging around) so I made a quick and dirty Fibonacci gauge. I need to use better wood and remake it… this was a “concept” piece. I spent more time rummaging around in a parts bin to find little bolts and nuts (that matched) then I did making it. It is accurate enough… .625 vs .618 I think it is suppose to be.
I was looking for some wood to make a marking gauge. I found a piece of spalted maple that better served as a sanding block. I had given a few of mine away… I could use another. So, reviewing Karson’s blog on sanding blocks, I whipped one out… I’m thinking the spalted maple was donated by Karson… the other wood was from a box of project wood I got from Rockler quite awhile back.
Anyway, small shop, small projects. Nice way to pass a blah day. I didn’t want to create too much sawdust… I’m waiting on my cyclone bucket dust collector to hook up to my shop vac before I get too carried away with wood machining.
-- Al H. - small shop, small projects...