First a caveat… The wonderful open space where the trash can is… is not an open space. It is a cart full of all the wonderful hardwood I scored from Aura a few weeks ago. I view it is transient and therefor not appropriate to map out- but maybe I am cheating.
So, I ripped up a bunch of the sheet goods for use in “stuff” and then I tacked the remaining sheets to the wall. This is like floor panel stock- nothing nice so a couple of holes should be fine. Then I moved that table flush to the sheets which are flush to the wall.
I moved the 4 drawer file cabinet to the far side of the main cluster- and shuffled all of those tables out towards the big door. This really opened up the space! The downside is on the right side of the miter saw I limited my outfeed. I used to poke long stock into the shelves in the annex- but the file cabinet sticks out too far. I’ve got exactly 36” of outfeed now. So far this has been fine- we will see what happens.
I bolstered my workbench quite a bit too. The top is now 3/4 ply, then 2×4 butcher block, then more 3/4 ply. The legs are now 4×4 and I’ve added a secured shelf in the middle of the legs. It is very VERY solid now. And heavy as balls. Also better for clamping.