It all started with a old dryer that had a very good motor.
I took it out of the dryer, cleaned it and after a short inspection I decided it could use a new life.
I operated the motor mounted on a short scrap wood and used a saw to shorten the shaft and then a rasp to make it suitable for my needs.
Had a friend turn a 4” flange to hold an MDF disc sized 10.2” with 6 bolts.
Drilled the disc and prepared the surface for flash mounting the bolts.
While the motor was turning I used a chisel to correct the center and reduce the diameter to match a 10 ”
several coats and sanding to make it better hold the Velcro disc.
Took the wires and made sure they stay out of the moving parts.
Added the sides and front all cut by hand and attached with a kreg jig.
Added the back.
Made a safe attachment of the mains cable to the box.
Built the cover and used 4 screws to make it possible to open.
Placed the Velcro back as good as I could center wise.
Used the Velcro’s pealed back to make sure my sanding disc slips into position without touching the velcro.
And then took it out and let the sanding disc mount the the Velcro.
Thats it and thanks for reading my first blog entry!