This is my chosen project for this weekend. It’s an antique dresser my grandfather bought for my sister when she was born. It’s been sitting in my basement for the last couple of years and I keep looking at it thinking I should do something with it. My plan is to do a “soft” restoration. Basically I plan on giving it a good sanding, re-staining, and finishing. The major challenge is the top. I think there was a leaky aquarium on it at some point which split the top. I decided to try and salvage the top by adding a couple of butterflies to stabilize the split and just call it “character”. So I started today after work and finished the second butterfly and scraping and sanding the top. This was my first attempt with butterflies and I’m pretty pleased with the effort. Tomorrow I’m going to clean up the drawer front and rest of the case.
-- Aaron in TN -http://www.amwellsfurniture.com