LumberJocks

Lock progress

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by deeman posted 01-22-2010 01:09 AM 727 reads 0 times favorited 0 comments Add to Favorites Watch

Today I worked on the lock, as i posted yesterday I made new faces out of some walnut I found in the scrap bin. I guess i forgot to mention about the hickory faces. I drilled a hole in the wrong location last week. Anyway today I got the new faces made and drilled correctly. I started the shackle, made out of maple. I am thinking I may try a combination lock next. I am a little worried about making the dial. I am not very good at carving or engraving. I really want to make one though. Hopefully tomorrow or Saturday I will have the shackle finished and can start on the key.

-- Dennis Trenton Ohio And life is worth the living just because He lives!



0 comments so far

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com