As you can see in my “table saw upgrade” history, I took this with a lot of time, becouse I’m not so sure of what I wonted and more important, WHAT I NEEDED.
I’m glad I did not rush to the worcenter, I changed my mind a lot using the saw on every step, so the final project keeps changing.
After working a little with the saw in the last configuration I took the decition to sale it and buy a new saw, the main reasons where
1.- it was a piece of crap
2.- the miter channels were not standard
3.- the saw has a “sideplay” I could not solve because of the lack of trunions to adjust.
Even with this decition I could not buy a saw of the type you are used on the states or even in other countries, here the only saws you may get on a budget are contractor saws, the other ones are rated industrial and are imposible to buy by a hobbist.
I choose the dewalt dw745 simply becouse is the ONLY ONE in argentina with “standard” size miter channels so I can use incra miter gauges :D
then I started thinking on build something like this
so a new prototype began… I love using this aluminium profiles, I can play with them on diferent configurations to see how the final system will be…
I made a small frame to support the saw
setting up the saw and the routr in the right side
this is how the saw is supported
ready for the next project
I made a box (will post it later) using this configuration and learned some things:
1.- I don’t like the router on the right side, the positioner base is there so I have little space when I put the wonder fence, I will move it to the left
2.- I don´t like the “rails” where the fence slide to be part of the table structure, it is very difficult to setup the hole system and keep the rails square with the miter channels and the saw in general.
The next step will change the configuration…
the main important thing is that I will support the saw but the rails will be attached to the saw and not to the support frame
PD: I’m sorry the garage mess shows up in the photos… need to put some order there…