I have been waiting for several weeks for the arrival of the Church Altar that I am to copy and make two Side Altars to match. The Altar was delivered to my shop this past Saturday, and I am told that the down payment check is in the mail.
Of course, the Altar looked smaller in the big church room. And, I started to “cold-sweat” a little looking at the task before me. I like new projects that have elements that make me sweat and worry, so this is right up my alley, so to speak.
So, before long, I will be buying materials and getting to work on the two Side Altars. Since the start of this project has been about a month later than I anticipated, I have been able to take on Christmas orders, and so that is good for my finances. Short term projects with a quick cycle to payment are helpful this time of year, and more people are added to my Customer’s Log, some new friends, and some are old friends.
I’ll be posting updates on the Side Altar project as it progresses. Thanks for all of the emails and advice I have received on how to do the casting work, and the Gothic carved panels, your support and encouragement is greatly appreciated.
If are you reading this Thread, then you might also be interested in:
- Hymn Number Board
- Speaker's Lectern
- Processional Cross
- Matching Side Altars
- Restored Sacrifice: Altar: not yet posted
- Restored High Altar: not yet posted
- Developing Authentic Expectations While Working With Commission Customers
- Commissioned Church Side Altars Complete
- Hanging Homemade Crown Molding: Suffering Through Mistakes & Learning Life's Lessons
- Crown Molding: Crafting Your Own Trim
- Arrival of the Historic Church Altar; Restoration and Making two Matching Side Altars
- Commission Award for the Church Altar Restoration and Matching Side Altars
- Church Altar Restoration and Matching Side Altars Project Bid Submitted
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -Here is a list of the previous project postings from my other Church Work:
-- Mark DeCou - American Contemporary Craft Artisan - www.decoustudio.com