Today was some odds and ends and final assembly of the bridal chest. It’s not complete. I’ve got to get a little more maple to finish off with some moldings around the lid lip and the skirt.
The stainless piano hinge is being mounted on the cover.
Here you can see the hinge mounted to the chest along with an arm that locks the lid in a 90 degree open position.
Also, I’ve made a box with divider out of maple that slides along the top inside of the chest.
Here it is slid over.
A better view of the lid support.
The chest as it is in it’s development to this point on horses so that I get to the inside of it better.
Next time some decorative moldings. Maybe handles (haven’t decided yet) and then spray poly.
-- The smell of wood, coffee in the cup, the wife let's me do my thing, the lake is peaceful.