I’ve got the dust filter up and running. My method is a bit unorthodox but so far it seems to work. I previously wrote about how I was planning on building it and the theory behind it. Now it’s up and running in an experimental mode. if it seems to work out I would better finalize the filter to make it easier to empty and recharge with water when needed.
Photo from a previous blog describing function: A video of it up and running with mods is below
A little backstory. I have a delta 1 hp dust collector. It actually does a good job sucking the chips from my planer, jointer, and router table as long as I have a short run and use one at a time. But the cloth bags passed the dust through. I replaced the bottom bag with a heavy duty rubber trash can and the top bag with this water filtration system. I will say though that no matter what I do, getting all the dust to go into the collector is another obstacle. It gets most of it but what gets away from it at the tool end is still an issue.
Here is a link to a couple of blogs back in this thread to when I better describe it.
And a link to the video in case the one below doesn’t work for you here.
-- The smell of wood, coffee in the cup, the wife let's me do my thing, the lake is peaceful.