I’ve finally gotten the major stuff done, benches demolished, new ones made, dust collection upgrade, tools moved around, and a generally putting away out of dust site. It seems like the shop has doubled in sized after all the renovations. But…..
One thing left to do. A thorough ‘dust’ cleaning. If it’s one thing I’ve learned in the past 6 years is that dust collects equally on horizontal as vertical surfaces. And anything that is out.. any tool will collect a film of dust that will get thicker over time is it’s not cleaned off. Hopefully the methods that I’ve taken and am about to take will lessen that. I don’t believe that it can be cut down completely and there will always be too much that will get through. But the shop is now set up so that everything can be moved to clean it or behind it. Today the secret weapon was my wife. She’s been asking when she can come out to clean for a couple of weeks. Well, today it happened. Rags flew, we used simple green in buckets of water. Joyce shop vacced with nozzle and brush to vacuum walls, floors, cabinets, and tools. We both dirtied several buckets of water and simple green washing everything. All came off the walls and was cleaned. All walls were cleaned. We washed the ceiling and sponge mopped the floor. After about 3 hours we claimed it finished for now. The secret weapon is a ‘wife’. None of them are stealth but this one knows how to get it done. Thanks Joyce….
I’ll be posting some blog entries in the near future and some video of the improvements I’ve made. Some of them include the remaking of a 1 hp delta dust collector that includes water filtering fine dust collection, features of a large multifunction assembly table, Mitre saw stand, Complete shop tool mobility, shrinking PVC to fit almost any fitting, and a bunch of other stuff.
Same general area before cleaning, from a picture a week ago.
-- The smell of wood, coffee in the cup, the wife let's me do my thing, the lake is peaceful.