Ah well, I seem to have skipped a few steps. The table started to come together so fast I probably should have had an interim post in here.
It’s all assembled now. Since the last post I glued up the legs and top/bottom braces and made the cross brace and pegs that hold it to the legs. I must say that when a table like this is assembled it certainly is hefty and rigid. The pegs really hold the cross brace in tightly.
I attached the top to the top braces with four insert nuts and connecting bolds. I also added four adjustable feet to the bottom of the table legs to allow for leveling. So, i’ve increased my cost by about $7 going over my $40 amount. I designed and assembled the table on the fly as I went along, hence the sweep in the bottom of the brace and the two round over holes in it like in the table legs.
The tenons glued into the mortises nicely on the legs but I put in some countersunk screws anyway. So, if you remove the four connecting bolds with an allen wrench and knock out the pegs on the crosspiece you end up with a top, two legs and a cross member. Good for transporting. This table will go to my niece as she moves into a new place as a kitchen table.
I’ll try to get a project finished picture up after it’s sanded and with a poly on it.
-- The smell of wood, coffee in the cup, the wife let's me do my thing, the lake is peaceful.