I found this workbench at an estate sale. It had 75 on it but I offered 20 for it and they took it. It was covered by all kinds of other stuff, and I don’t think the guy working really knew it was a workbench. I started on the legs and such knowing that if I did the top first I don’t think I would have ever done the bottom part.
Once I cleaned it up I wiped on couple coats of poly.
Then on to the vice.
This last one is how it was priced. Not real easy to get that out.
Sanded and planed the top smooth.
The black stain I could not get out.
I need to take a couple more shots of the finished top. I just put a beeswax product on the top. I wasn’t real happy with that decision but I’m not too worried about it.
I would like to get some bench dogs and make the vice fit better.
Thanks for looking. I hope to make blogs in the future once I get a nicer camera.