So during my AC compressor dump line install, I messed up and managed to break my pressure gauge.
So I went ahead and went to Harbor Freight again, and picked up a 200PSI filled gauge and a few replacement tools for those that are lost broken etc… I pressurized the system, and held it for 26 hours. Sadly the system went from 150PSI to 40PSI. I know what the problem is, the gague when threaded in all the way points down, so it is 1/2 turn loose on the compressor, Not sure how to fix this and keep being able to use the gauge. I might plumb this remotely and do a couple of things. #1. Get the leaks fixed. #2, protect the gauge with the handle, and #3, put the gauge at a better angle for reading.
While I was at Harbor Freight (and Home Depot) I managed to replace my missing 1/4” sockets, as well as add a second digital caliper (The Pittburgh cheapie), and add a set of swivel head ratcheting SAE combination wrenches. I have the Metrics from Harbor Freight and have loved them… They SAE versions earned their place.
I also ended up fixing a terribly noisy AC Condenser Fan that had a bit of rust and a LOT of mud on the shaft and bearing. Cleaning and flooding the bearing with WD-40 until the chunks of dirt stopped flowing and the AC is perfectly quiet…
My latest blog post in full detail is at HERE.
-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com, YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoa-AgyeFWqnQfGIJwdzkog