Well, I finished up the pedal board, more or less, and here it is in its matte black glory!
Construction is 1/2” reclaimed plywood that was from Hurricane Ike wreckage (Still going through that stuff). It is butt jointed, glued, and screwed. The finish is matte black high temp barbecue paint (I had it, and I didn’t want gloss as this will be on stage so it needed to kind of hide…)
It helps me arrange my cables to where I am not kicking them when I try to activate to deactivate an effect, or use the tuner.
I managed to somwhere between Sketchup, and actually building mess things up. They are…
#1. Length across the top, is 2” too long. #2. Width side to side is ~ 6” too wide. Particularly since I am considering putting the Snark tuner onto a board for guitar.
I can live with the too long across the top thing, although it means I have the slats toward the back spaced WAY differently than I had designed. And the width, that is the problem. Especially since after I started using the big red effects pedal, realized it had a VERY good tuner built in to it.
So long story short, I will be building another one, and getting a proper can of matte black latex mixed up for that one!
-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com