So digging through my scrap bins, I found some usable pieces of 1/2” ply, yeah it’s sheathing grade, but this is going to be slathered with truck bed liner so it doesn’t really matter.
I set my fence to rip 2”, double checked, and ripped away, I now have 6 24” x 2” strips. Ready to rock. I need to rip a few more…
I set the angle cutting jig, double checked it, triple checked it, and walked away when I just wasn’t getting it right. I need to go back to it.
So I guess move on to the front and back pieces. Front is going to be 1” since the angle is 1/2” + 1/2” stock at the nose, and then 3” due to the 2.5” + 1/2” at the rear.
So tasks to move forward.
#1. Rip the front and back pieces. #2. Rip and trim the side and center pieces. #3. Mark, clamp pieces at the right angles. #4. Pre drill mounting holes. #5. Drill through holes through back piece, and middle piece for cable routing. Drill pass through hole for zip ties for cable management underneath. #6. Screw Front / Back/ Center / sides assembly together. #7. Mark, Pre drill, and mount laterals #8. Sand down, relieve edges, and finish in roll on truck bed liner material. #9. Transfer Velcro loop side material from V1 pedalboard. Most likely have to re-attach using hot glue.
Then I move on to the pedalboard for the guitar.
The requirements are similar, however my intent is to support a Zoom G3X which is wider than the B3 due to its built in expression pedal, but shallower front to back as the Zoom pedal is MUCH shorter than the Moog. The Guitar amp being a cheapie Behringer came with a control pedal of its own for overdrive, and reverb. So I need to double check but I suspect my width will be the same as the bass board, just shallower depth. We will see how that works out.
-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com, YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoa-AgyeFWqnQfGIJwdzkog