LumberJocks

Workshop Development #106: Clearing the (compressed) air.

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by dbhost posted 45 days ago 725 reads 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
« Part 105: Finally tracked down that *#$% leak! Part 106 of Workshop Development series Part 107: Dealing with the continued pressure... »

I did some additions to my compressed air system, by adding a Central Pneumatic Desiccant Dryer / Oil Removal filter, and coupler bracket. I also chased down the last few leaks, and replaced a defective replacement regulator on my HF 8 gallon compressor.

Not sure if you remember, but I managed to cause at MY fault on the original regulators fault, the destruction of the OEM regulator on my small compressor a few years ago. If I recall correctly I dropped something on the compressor like the impact wrench and busted it… So I replaced it with a Husky, which has never been completely reliable… So I replaced that with a fresh HF regulator. So far so good!

The whole system has been bubble tested and passes with flying colors, and the compressors are both undergoing leak down testing connected to the system and at the 14 hour point they are both holding exactly the pressure I left them with (and turned them off so it’s not like the compressors are cycling…).

The pics and more detailed write up are on my blogspot page for those interested.

http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com/2014/06/clearing-air.html

-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com



3 comments so far

View b2rtch's profile

b2rtch

4286 posts in 1643 days


#1 posted 45 days ago

Nice.
Year ago I bought a $800 air compressor for $70.00 only because the pressure switch was not longer working and the guy was afraid that the tank would explode.
I bought a new pressure switch at HF for $7.00 and since the compressor is working perfect.

-- Bert

View dbhost's profile

dbhost

5377 posts in 1827 days


#2 posted 45 days ago

Great score Bert!

-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com

View dbhost's profile

dbhost

5377 posts in 1827 days


#3 posted 45 days ago

I just updated the post. I realized I hadn’t posted a photo of the completed assembly, and so the pic is there now, as is a photo of my leak down test after 26 hours… Sweet deal!

-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

GardenTenders.com :: gardening showcase