So I spent some more time cleaning up. Mostly putting things back that went into the house that should be in the shop. I also removed the shelf above the RO tank, patched the wall behind where the freezer is going, sanded, mudded some more, patched where the drywall anchors went and mudded. It is now in the waiting phase for drying… Why do these things take so stinking long?!
I think I found my problem with the miter saw cabinet, and it is a design flaw, and a bad one at that. I believe it is time to start a major redesign, including using a torsion box base, however even at that, I need to support some substantial weight over a large area, and unfortunately the surface it is sitting on (the garage floor) is stepped, and quite uneven.
I figure at least temporarily I need to create storage for the stuff that is being housed in the miter saw bench, such as routers, drills, and other handheld power tools. I have space above the mechanics tool box to mount a couple of shelves, and that is most likely where they will go.
The reason I am spending so much time working on these shop projects, such as custom cabinets etc… is so that I can learn my mistakes there, and learn to correct them, before I move on to inside the house…
The table saw and workbench are almost all cleared off. I need the wall above the RO tank to be completed, and that shelf done so that I can mount some open bins between the RO control unit, and the extension cord reel.
I also need to take some rechargable batteries to be recycled to Home Depot I am guessing…
It is at the same time satisfying, and frustrating to be so close to being done, yet so far away… But at least I can learn from my screw ups, and take on another challenge. I have to look at it like Thomas Edison did. I haven’t failed however many times, I have learned so many different ways NOT to make shop cabinets!
-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com, YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoa-AgyeFWqnQfGIJwdzkog