After getting the doors / cabinet lined up better by hanging it, I decided to load it up to see what that did. And as I suspected, the doors now open and close no problem now.
I have also come up with a startling discovery. This thing is ROOMY. It doesn’t have quite enough peg board in the configuration I left it in for all of my peg-boarded stuff, but it is quite spacious.
part of the impetus behind all of this mind you, is that when I moved my miter saw to the now extended strong tie workbench, I had to move stuff off the peg board to provide clearance for the saw, and the as yet to be built dust hood.
I have also decided that the Harbor Freight corner clamps that I knew were horrible, are beyond horrible, they are useless. However the Pony (Jorgenson) clamp of a similar design held fast and square. I am going to grab 3 more of those, and maybe a set of the Clamp It corner clamp deals from Rockler before I start on cabinet #2.
I had a happy surprise though, my planes fit in the cabinet with no need for a separate shelf / tote. I do need to build a rest for each of them to keep the blades out of touch with the cabinet, but for now it will do… And it is FAR better than dangling them off of peg hooks.
I believe that with the completion of cabinet #2. My peg board and small tools storage, not to mention my pneumatic fastener storage will be completely handled.
I still haven’t finished the oiling, and at this rate I might not. This lumber is really way too thirsty for my own good… I am actually wondering if it is dryver than the surrounding climate. I don’t want to dig my moisture meter out to check it, I am not THAT curious, but I do vaguely wonder…
I think this is as close to done as it is going to get, photos will be posted tonight.
-- Manufacturer of fine quality sawdust since 1984. Comments and advice on my shop welcome. Check it out at http://lumberjocks.com/dbhost/workshop. Gladly accepting shop build donations!