Well, the doors are assembled, and the piano hinges were installed. I did NOT follow Wood’s recommendations and wound up paying a stupid price. It appears that alignment is crucial on these hinges. I tried concealing the barrels in the cabinet, thinking there would not be an issue with alignment, but indeed there WAS an issue with alignment. Upon final assembly I was unable to close the doors. OOPS. Next up was to reset the position of the hinges.
Upon repositioning, I am able to close the doors, but they strike against each other as they pass… So tomorrow comes readjusting the other hinge, testing, the door closure, installing the magnetic catch assembly (actually assemblies) and then finishing up the bracing on the back of the cabinet, then installation.
Hopefully I can be done with this one, and on to the cleanup before the middle of the week….
-- Manufacturer of fine quality sawdust since 1984. Comments and advice on my shop welcome. Check it out at http://lumberjocks.com/dbhost/workshop. Gladly accepting shop build donations!