The Ryobi router fence clamps leave a LOT to be desired in the way of stability, so I found myself staring at a pile of 3/4” plywood cutoffs and thinking. I know that’s dangerous, but I was doing it… It finally hit me how to build the sliding faces (I have all this T track and it took me this long?).... So I got busy, not really with a plan of any sort sketched out, but rather, with it all in my head. 24” wide x 6” tall, faces adjust on T tracks, and a fixed face that will have T track (For feather boards etc…). The faces will again be tempered hardboard. And as this is a quick and dirty slap together sort of thing, the joinery is nothing fancy at all, simply glue and screws. A “box” surrounding the bit will be fitted with a 4” dust port from Peachtree (been sitting in my parts bins for a couple of years…).
I have the main body of the fence assembled, I need to cut out for the bit opening, and drill for the T-bolt holes. The faces are in clamps with the hardboard glued on. I need to trim the hardboard flush, and run the dados for the T tracks. The box still needs to be assembled, and some trimming on the braces needs to be completed. So I have a little ways to go.
I do need to hurry up and get this particular project done. I have some pending projects that are being held up for a proper router table fence.
-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com, YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoa-AgyeFWqnQfGIJwdzkog