The last post left with some work to be completed on the piece before dismount. I wanted to work the edge of the bowl a little thinner and I did some aggressive stock removal on the interior and exterior edge. This left me with the bowl here.
I did a little more work on the side to remove the somewhat boat like appearance and give it more curve. I cut the bowl off the lathe and began running through the grits of sanding. I have more trouble spots to touch up on that will require hand sanding as the process would be too dangerous on the lathe. This is where the bowl is at now and I probably will not give another update until I post as a project.
Overall, I am pleased with how the first outing with this type of project is going. The live edge is a variable and the area is outside of control. Better bark retention and a thinner design would require greener wood than I had handy. I do like the way the bark formed with the side edges of the piece and I like the completed shape. I should have the finish applied by the end of the weekend. So far, this year has been quite productive for me. I hope the pace continues.
Thanks for viewing,
-- There is little that is simple when it comes to making a simple box.