Quick little project and it didn’t take long. Two items I wish I would have spent a little more time planning out before committing myself to cutting action….
1. I got in a hurry on one of the stretchers and didn’t predrill the hole. So I had a little bit of blowout when driving the screw.
2. I changed my mind on the positioning after I drill a couple holes to house the base. Ummmm, next time I should probably think about that before putting a drill in my hand.
Minor annoyances, eventually the extra holes will not irritate me. All in all though, I was happy with some items.
I thought the glue-up of the top went well. The pieces matched pretty nicely, though I did get some ribbing about the “ironing board” I made -
I think the Dewalt looks especially good on it. But then again I think it would look good if I mounted it on a heap of sawdust -
I have to say I absolutely love this saw. I haven’t pushed it hard yet, just fired it up for a few minutes to see how it cuts. I have drove myself half crazy using my old craftsman. The vibration would constantly loosen up the blade tension. The way the arm works on this Dewalt is just awesome and the locking lever for the tension is really nice and tight. I can’t wait to put some miles on this thing.
At any rate, the stand is not perfect, but it will do the job and I can’t exactly complain about the cost of lumber.
Happy woodworking all,
-- There is little that is simple when it comes to making a simple box.