After sanding for about a week straight I was ready to fill the grain and oil it. I’m a big fan of straight up BLO to enhance grain and color so I used some sawdust I collected from sanding, mixed it with the BLO and rubbed that into the pores as best I could. Then I wet (oil) sanded with 400 grit to create a bit of a slurry to further fill the pores. I like the results and how it’s made the stripes in the mahogany more vibrant although the amber colour of the BLO has covered up the purple in the purpleheart a bit. Now I have to be patient and wait a week or two for the BLO to harden up before top coating.
Before and after: