In taking a break from the wine bottle stoppers I’ve been making, I wanted to make something that I haven’t done yet. I’ve always been very impressed with the vessels that trifern has posted, so I thought I would start there.
Now don’t go thinking that just because it’s not a wine bottle stopper that I’ll be turning a single piece of wood. Heck no, a segmenting we will go!
This piece is 6” tall and about 3-3/4” in diameter at its widest point. I did make a conscious effort to design this piece with the golden ratio in mind. I decided to create the piece with pine just in case something went horribly wrong, I didn’t want to waste my small supply of hardwood. I’m actually a little surprised how well the pine turned.
I haven’t applied a finish to the piece yet. The current state is post sanding and I wiped it down with mineral spirits. I haven’t decided if I’m going to stain it or not… I’m thinking I might.
Being that this is my first go at a vessel I’m open to hearing all comments, good or bad.