I’ve started work on the next version of the cutlist plugin for Sketchup. This blog is intended to give anyone interested advance information on what’s coming up, pre-release copies, discussion of any issues which come up, questions and so on.
This will lead to a new ‘stable’ version 4.1 which will be the next current version.
The first pre-release is now available from here cutlist4.1pre
Please not that this link will not be permanent and may be removed without notice. If that’s the case, be looking for a new link with a newer version.
Here’s what’s in this first cut of v4.1:
1. 5’x5’ sheets for layout
2. New interface to select kerf size and support for kerfs in the layout
3. Project titles on both cutlist and layout
4. Printable layout from layout window ( SVG still a better option, but print from window is easier). This was a huge pain to get working, so I hope this is really useful!
5. Layout generation is heaps faster
6. Layout bug limiting window display to small projects has been fixed!
7. Printable cutlist from window – new easier interface
8. Sheets sizes are now in true metric measurements ( not imperial converted to metric)
9. Compact list is now in alphabetical order ( special request to restore this functionality from previous versions ago)
10. Bug fix in display when using ‘&’ in part names.
I welcome anyone who is daring to try this new version (actually it’s really quite stable!).
Quite a bit of the infrastructure has changed so if you do want to install it and have a previous version, make sure to delete the following before installing:
1.In Plugins folder:
2. In plugins folder:
The enture ‘cutlistui’ folder
Then, as before, unzip the contents of the download into the plugins folder.
Note that any previous settings you had should be retained but some new options will be set to default settings.
Any issues, questions or suggestions, please feel free to comment here.
-- If you can't joint it, bead it!