So its been a while since I’ve worked on my brace. It all started with asking Brit a question. He then continued to make the best blog ever on how to restore hand braces. Well I had my trouble along the way, and put it aside for a while, until my neighbor bought this little guy….
I know, I know, Brit…...I’m cheating a little. But MAN do I hate working hard when a machine can do it for me :)
If you havent read the 1st and 2nd part of the blog, here are some pics of what I started with…..
After I got it sand blasted I proceeded to sand one side of the brace, including the middle wood piece. I should probably know all of these proper names, but I havent been to Brit’s blog in a while. By the way, if you haven’t seen his blogs, look up Brit on lumberjocks here and take a look – you wont be disappointed.
I sanded the wood up to 220, and sanded the one side of the brace up to 1200. I figured thats good enough for me! There’s still a lot of pitting in the metal, but I dont have very good files, and didnt want to ruin it. So I’ll live with the pits for now. Here is my progress so far. The pics show one side sanded to 1200, and the other side right out of the sand blaster…
Sorry about the bad pictures – I only have my iphone! Hopefully sooner than later, I’ll have the rest of the brace done! I’ll post more updates when i get more done
-- Hey you dang woodchucks, quit chucking my wood!!!!