I have no idea why this did not post yesterday but I’ll try again! After 9 days of rain, I finally got a tin roof on the shop. Within a week, I have put sheathing on the walls and wrapped it in either house wrap, double bubble foil, or both. I feel it is somewhat protected but I’m having to wipe down the framing lumber where mold started growing after all the rain. One particular thing I wanted to mention – in installing “nailers” (no one ever says screwers, though that’s what we use for a tin roof these days) I cut a water channel in the back of the 2xs so the horizontal stripping would not retard the flow of water too greatly. I was surprised how well it worked during all the rain. The roof would drain and dry in a couple of hours and I had to settle for short work spurts before it began raining again.
Hopefully, my next blog entry will show some doors and windows installed! The extra covered area that was intended for firewood storage is just screaming “porch” to me, so there’s a change order in process!
-- Like Guy Clark sez - "Sometimes I use my head, Sometimes I get a bigger hammer"