For a couple of years now I have been trying to get my wife’s agreement to build a shed in the back yard to house all of the yard equipment, sports gear, etc… She recently quit her part time job at a spice shop and picked up another job at the local WoodCraft the same afternoon (Major gloat for me).
To my amazement she has started taking an interest in Carving and Turning. We acquired a used Jet mini lathe and some basic Sorby tools. A couple of weeks have passed and she has started to grouse about the crowded condition of the garage (I think my evil plan is working!).
So. here is the plan:
1) Build an 8”x12” shed with loft in the back corner of the yard and move the lawn and sports equipment into it.
2) Throw out all the “junk” we never seem to part with (old Christmas decorations and the like which we have never used)
3) DIY or pay someone to epoxy finish the garage floor
4) Build storage on two available walls for tool and lumber storage
5) Finally build my dream workbench!!!!!!!
Oh… now my oldest son has picked up a part time job @ WoodCraft and has started turning pens. I hope to post some of their work soon. I am quite proud of them both!
More to follow soon….
-- "Everything that is great and inspiring is created by the individual who labors in freedom" -- Albert Einstein