My wife and I recently bought a new house after living in an apartment for the past few years. We have found that while our 1200 sq. ft. apartment was full of furniture, that same furniture does not fill a 3750 sq. ft. house as well. As a result my wife after recently discovering my love for woodworking as tasked with a very long honey do list. Here is a brief synopsis of the items she has tasked me to build:
- Entertainment Center – designed to match our current coffee table and end tables.
- Toybox with attached bookcase
- Executive Style Desk
- Daybed with Trundle Bed
Additionally, I want to build the following items:
- Wall-to-Wall Bookcases for the office
- Improve the kitchen cabinets with crown molding and interior drawers for cabinets
- Wainscoting for the office
- Workbench for the Garage (I use 1 car stall currently)
Since I’m a beginning woodworker and I have only built a few things since high school. My following blogs will show how I’m progressing on my projects. I look forward to any suggestions, comments, or advice anyone could provide me with. I also plan to posts my drawings of plans for each of the projects so that I can get some feedback before I build these items.
I look forward to hearing from all of you and sharing ideas with all you great lumberjocks!