While making my first pen for my wife for Valantines day, the items needed ran me about 100 bucks. I turned the first section of wood, and the motor goes. Few days later and 50 bucks later, back in business. I finished the first section and started on the next block and the first one split from the end bushings. No problem, glued and secured in a socket that worked as a nice clamp. A day later the glue dried nice and continued with turning the second section and the first and finished section split half way down from the bushing on the other end. Needles to say now I am in the market for some new pen stock and pen turning shaft due to the impulsive pounding from a turning knife (yea it was worth it!) I’m not looking for sholder to cry on but a supportive laugh and advice on pens. Hind sight says to turn both sections equal and to be more careful near the end. Someone tell me if I’m on the right track here because could have bought alot of roses for what I’m going to have in this pen.
|Blog entry by conwaydog||posted 02-13-2008 04:38 AM||711 reads||0 times favorited||8 comments|