Well I was able to work much of the day yesterday and today on my desk. Yesterday got stuff cut down and prepared for assembly. did some part sanding. I decided to use miter cuts for the legs similiar to my assembly tables in my shop. I like the look better then butt joints. To cut the miters I used a great miter jig I picked up at a yardsale last year for $5, best dang $5 I have spent in a long time.
Of course like almost all of my projects I used the Kreg Jig. I do like it maybe a little too much, I do plan to work on some other joints in the future. This morning then I was able to quickly assemble the legs and get some sanding done before cutting the stretchers. I plugged up all the kreg holes left them to dry.
While I went out to look at finish ideas. The guy at Woodcraft was very helpful, I decided on a “General Finishes” Espresso colored stain. He said it should do a good job on the pine since it is actually a little heavier, even pulled out an open can in the workshop to give me a better idea of the look.
So anyway one I got home i was able to trim the plugs and dryfit the top, so my wife could see that I did do something on my days off.
More sanding and prep as well as the hutch to do. I will staina sample piece to se how it comes out tomorrow morning.
-- Chris L. "Don't Dream it, Be it."- PortablePastimes.com (Purveyors of Portable Fun and Fidgets)