and a lathe that is waiting for it’s new belts. I just posted my completed Photo Album Book Rack a few minutes ago. As I mentioned there in the post I had a lot of fun with this project and did some things I have been wanting to do. This is really my first official glue up of a panel I suppose.
As you can see I also put my Stanley #80 scraper handle to good use. I prepared the entire board before cutting it down in to the sections. This made it very easy for me to use my sander with 4 different grits of paper, now I know that sounds normal but this is one of the first projects I really took the time to sand up properly. I also put my woodburning stamp set to use, which worked pretty well.
Besides this project I also got another of the frames assembled for the wall organizers I have been working on, I am planning to try to finish them relatively soon. Have a few more parts to get together.
As I mentioned earlier in the week my lathe had an incident with a belt. New V-Link Belts are on the way and I should have that back together hopefully by the end of the week. Then it is on to pen making. I made myself a jig to cut blanks to the correct size, you know that quote “measure twice…” well I did and I still goofed. I will be making another one tomorrow. DUH!! :)
Well that will do it for today and this week.
Hope everyone got some shop time and gets more during the week.
-- Chris L. "Don't Dream it, Be it."- PortablePastimes.com (Purveyors of Portable Fun and Fidgets)