I’ve continued tinkering with my table saw stand/workstation. Since I moved the fence system all the way to the right, the ruler was no longer accurate. I purchased a new one and got that zeroed in without a too much effort. I also started an apothecary style entertainment center for our house. I knew pretty quickly that I was going to need a sled for cutting my panels to length. So I made the one in the second picture first with some scrap oak I had laying around and a 1/2” piece of Aspen plywood from the lumber yard.
Once I started assembling pieces for the entertainment center, I realized that hand routing with guides was not going to be the best, thanks to a clamp failure. So, I squared of my router table to make it easier to cut a tight opening in my table saw stand. After a bunch of sanding, I finally got it to fit and then braced it from the bottom and screwed the braces from the top. I put in a place so that I can still use my fence system for cuts in the middle of boards and then reattach my router fence for closer cuts. I’ll have it running plenty this weekend, I’m sure.
At some point in the coming days, I’ll have to figure out some options for doors, but for now it’s good enough to keep working.