I finished the doors for the wall cabinet earlier this week. The frame is maple, the panels walnut.
Here are the two doors. If you look closely you might be able to see that the panels are bookmatched.
The inside of one door. The mitered retainer frame is glued and tacked to the inside of the door frame. The color variation in the upper right corner is the result of a measuring error. When I cut the pieces I used the inside measurements of the frame, not the outside. So, I had to use some extra stock to fill the gap. I’ll have to work on evening out the color when I finish these.
Next up is assembling the cabinet case. This requires a visit to the big orange store – I am going to attach the back to the sides with brads and I don’t have the correct size. I hope to have the construction phase of this completed this weekend.
-- Chelle http://artsgranddaughter.blogspot.com