I didn’t have much time in the shop this weekend. We’re getting ready for our Passover seder and my college softball team had a double header today, and I couldn’t resist spending a little time in the sun.
In the shop I worked on the sizing the strips which will hold the panels in the doors of the wall cabinet (see project posting).
The doors have a rabbet that runs around the inside of the door to hold the panel. To hold the panel from the back I’m using strips that will be pinned in place with brads.
I finished cutting the miters in the strips for one door. I may have to narrow the strips, so that the door handles and hinges will fit. I’ll decide on that the next time I’m down in the shop. In the oops category I discovered that I miscalculated and didn’t cut enough stock for both doors. The source of the miscalculation is the miter. I forgot to calculate the lengths based on the outside of the strips, rather than the inside.
-- Chelle http://artsgranddaughter.blogspot.com