I have been without Internet for about a month due to a disagreement with my provider. I’m now back online so I’m posting the update.
I’ve finished the jointer clean-up (or restoration). I bought new pulleys, had the spindle rekeyed, and the new pulley bore changed to 9/16”. Tried my best to remove all the existing rust. I stripped off the paint from the stand and repainted it as well as repainting the actual jointer itself.
Evap-O-Rust really did work miracles. I’m thoroughly impressed!
The overall process was more time-consuming than I initially thought and was certainly quite labour-intensive. That said, I did learn a lot.
I haven’t had a chance to actually use the jointer except running the front 2” of a small stick through it (as a preliminary test). So far so good.
Here are some pics:
More photos can be found here:
Thanks for tuning in!