I finally got an entire weekend at home to work on my garage. It was a strange feeling.
Saturday I was able to put up the french cleats on the opposite wall. Here’s a pic of the finished product:
After completing the first wall and getting halfway done with the second wall I was sick of changing bits in my drill and keeping up with the one I wasn’t using along with the screws. Just then, I had a stroke of genius (these moments come few and far between). I attached small piece of 2×4 to a discarded piece of cleat and drilled some holes in it. It was a bit and screw caddy that hung right where i needed it!
Sunday I got to making things that would actually hang on the french cleats. Once it was all said and done I had made 3 yard tool hangars, a screwdriver holder, a hammer holder, a box, and 2 shelves.
I didn’t really plan on making the shelves but I had some decently sized pieces of plywood leftover and I didn’t really want to cut them up. I think they turned out great!