The weekend is gone and so are my long days in the garage. While I was at work I was trying to think of ways to make the dadoes easier to cut. I decided to try and make some relief cuts with the circular saw and break that out and then make only 1 pass with the router, since it makes the biggest mess I want to use it as little as possible. I don’t plan on putting any holes in the back apron, so I have my first finished part of this project. I still need to sand it and I can’t decide how I want to break the edges. I’m leaning towards a 1/8 round over rather than a small chamfer. But that would mean having to buy a round over bit, and while I know I will use it on a lot of projects, I am trying my best not to buy things for this project.
Today I hit the 1 week mark since starting this project. With 30 hours in addition to my normal 9 to 5 it almost feels like a second job. A second non paying job. But somehow it never really feels like work though. I also had something strange happen to me today, I had to pull out a splinter from a fingertip, an odd place for me to get them and while I was flossing I pulled a tiny wood shaving from between my teeth. Go figure.
Here is what the relief cuts looked like.
Take a look at that pile of potential saw dust.
Time spent 3 hours
Total time 30 hours
-- Life is 20% of what you make it and 80% of how you take it.